- Term Dates: Based on Nottinghamshire Local Authority Dates.
- Hours, Terms and Enrolment: Children, toddlers and babies between 12 months – 5 years are invited to attend a minimum of two sessions per week.
- Fees, Entitlement and Help with Fees: Staunton Montessori Nursery School is registered for the Local Authority Nursery Education Funding.
- Food and Drink: Hot Lunches at Staunton Montessori Nursery School in partnership with the Staunton Arms Restaurant, Staunton in the Vale.
Please contact the pub directly to request order information on hot lunch for your child: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Birthdays.
- What to Bring and What to Wear
- Catchment Area for Staunton Montessori School and Tuition Centre, Nottingham, UK.
- Nursery School Term dates are based on the Nottingham LEA schedule.
- Our apologies to parents with children at schools in Lincolnshire and Leicestershire for any inconvenience.
- N.B. Spring term half term dates: 12/02/18 – 16/02/18 inclusive
Please click on the link below to view all term dates for this year and the next year ahead:
Staunton Montessori August Summer Holiday School
Staunton Montessori Nursery School offers Summer School in August for 1-7 years olds during certains week/s in August. For further information and this year’s dates, please contact the office. Cost: £38 for children aged two or more & £40 for children aged one year. Timings: 9am-3.30pm, Monday-Friday.
There is a minimum attendance of two days during the week. Packed lunch is to be provided by parents please. There will be various activities on offer including, but not limited to: Forest School, Art & Craft, Pony petting, Paddling and Games.
Children, toddlers and babies between 12 months – 5 years are invited to attend a minimum of two sessions per week.
Staunton Montessori Nursery School offers morning sessions, a full school day as well as a breakfast club for those parents wishing to drop their child off early at 8.10am. Afternoon sessions are also available as a ‘stand alone’, although we advise parents to register their children for at least one morning session per week in order for them to access the whole early years curriculum.
For Local Education Authority entitlement hours see ‘fees’ (below).
- Breakfast Club (Monday – Friday) 8.10a.m. – 9.10 a.m.
- Morning sessions (Monday – Friday) 9.10 a.m. – 1.15 p.m.
- Full days (Monday – Friday) 9.10 a.m. – 4.15 p.m.
Parents requiring day care till 6pm for pre-school children and babies can combine the unique Montessori Education experience with other child-care provision, which can work in partnership with our school to offer an extended full day-care service. Please contact the school office for more information as we can try to help put you in touch with registered local child-minders and/or nannies.
Dr Miriam Stoppard said: “Staunton Montessori will now be accepting younger children…
I commend this development and very much look forward to my next visit so I can meet everyone again.”
To register a place for your child (Enrolment Fee £40), please print out, complete and return the Enrolment Form.
School fees are payable termly in advance or in monthly instalments. Paying in monthly instalments incurs an administration fee of £3.75 per month.
- Breakfast Club for ‘Little Apples Group’ (12-24 month olds) is:
- £4.80 (or £3.84 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- Breakfast Club for ‘Green Apples’ & ‘Red Apples’ Groups (2-5 year olds) is:
- £4.20 (or £3.36 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- Session fees for ‘Little Apples Group’ 12-24 month olds are:
- £24.75 per morning (or £19.80 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- £39.75 per day (or £31.80 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- £17.00 for a ‘stand-alone’ afternoon (or £13.60 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- Session fees for ‘Green Apples Group’ 2 year olds are:
- £23.75 per morning (or £19 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- £37.80 per day (or £30.24 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- £16.00 for a ‘stand-alone’ afternoon (or £12.80 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’)
- (NB 2 year old free funding available in certain circumstances).
- Session fees for ‘Red Apples Group’: for fees information for 3-5 year olds who are eligible for entitlement funding please contact the school office directly. Staunton Montessori Nursery School accepts Local Authority Entitlement Funding for eligible 3-4 year old children for 5 hours in a day. A full 7 hour day costs £13.60 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare’ for children receiving entitlement funding. For more information please contact us or see policies section of this website. Some means tested bursaries are available to enable inclusive and extended access re. top-up fees.
Tax-Free Childcare: You can get up to £500 every 3 months (£2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare. If you get Tax-Free Childcare, the government will pay £2 for every £8 you pay your childcare provider via an online account. For further information about Tax-Free Childcare please see: https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-free-childcare
The Nottinghamshire County Council Provider Agreement for Early Education Universal Entitlement Funding:
- States under clause 2.1.2 that ‘parents are able to access 5 hours a day over three days of the week’
Please note that attending for three full days at Staunton Montessori generates a claim for 15 hours universal entitlement funding, but if a child is attending for a full session then top-up fees apply (please see our policies page for current wrap around charges). Parents may claim 15 hours funding over two settings but may not claim more than 15 hours in total at this time. We offer the 3-4 year old entitlement hours in two separate sessions per day. The entitlement sessions run from 9.10 and 1.15p.m. All entitlement hours are paid by Nottinghamshire Local Authority and are delivered free of charge (terms and conditions apply). Parents pay the top-up fees at the rate set by Staunton Education for the hours their child attends which are outside the stipulated free entitlement periods (see polices page).
Extension to the Entitlement Funding:
Parents may be aware that from September 2017 the government has rolled out an additional 15 hours of entitlement funding per week for pre-school aged children in an attempt to get both parents into employment. Early Years settings have a choice whether they wish to opt out, or offer some or all of these extra hours. As we currently offer 5 hours of funding per day in two sessions, we have opted to offer 25 hours (5 x 5hrs) from September 2017. This will really help parents at Staunton if their child is doing 4 or 5 full days per week. Not all parents will qualify for additional hours as there are eligibility criteria; but in simple terms if a parent works the equivalent of 16 hours per week earning the National Living or Minimum wage (or above), they usually qualify.
For further information about help with childcare costs please see:
Fees include snacks and specialist pre-school teaching, such as for yoga, dance, music, gardening, forest schooling and cookery.
In partnership with a local supplier, based at a locally acclaimed restaurant, we offer hot, nutritious lunches at £3.50 each. Parents can chose from a varied and healthy menu. (See Food and Drink below.)
- We accept Gross Pay Scheme direct credits, arranged by agents such as Edenred, Computershare and Care4.
- For either instalment payments or payments using a Gross Pay Scheme agent, there is a termly charge of £15.00 (£3.75/month) to cover the additional administrative and cash flow costs associated with these schemes.
- Cheques should be made payable to “Staunton Montessori” or pay directly into our bank account. (Please contact the school office for banking details).
Feedback from a Parent:
Some parents may also meet criterion for receiving two year old funding which is means tested.
Parents wishing to know more should contact us.
For Entitlement Funding terms and conditions apply and places are subject to availability. Parents may use funding across two different providers, but must not claim more than 15 hours in total. Age restrictions apply and funding is only for 38 weeks. Proof of your child’s date of birth is required. Top-up hours offered (again subject to availability, terms and conditions).
Feedback from a Montessori Parent: “Dear Robert, I would just like to thank you and all of your team for the amazing love, attention and support you have offered my family over the years we have been with you. I hope you and your team continue to have success and prosper, you and they certainly deserve it given all the efforts put in.”
Lunch: Children are requested to bring a packed lunch or order a hot meal, which is eaten as a group. Communal eating is considered an important part of learning social skills at all Montessori Nursery Schools.
In partnership with a local supplier, based at a locally acclaimed restaurant, we offer hot and nutritious lunches at £3.50 each. Parents can chose from a varied and healthy menu.
Snacks: Montessori nursery provides drinks and snacks, with the children playing an active role in sharing out the food and drink.
Allergies: The school is a ‘Nut-free’ zone due to the prevalence of allergic reactions. So no peanut butter sandwiches in lunch boxes please!
Staunton Montessori Nursery has an informal school uniform which is supplied to each child upon induction. It is strongly recommended for the children, as it protects their clothes from paints and glue, which can stain. The uniform is available in a range of colours to allow individuality to be expressed. Popular colours are sky blue, navy, red, and pink.
Each child is requested to bring the following items:
- A change of clothes to be left at school.
- Wellington boots (with thick socks if it’s cold).
- Nappies with wipes for children who need them.
Naming: Please clearly name all your child’s belongings, including boots, shoes, Tupperware, lunch boxes, toothbrush, coats and uniform.
Staunton Montessori Nursery recommends the company ‘Easy2Name’, for purchasing naming labels etc. Please contact them at easy2name.com or on 01635 298 326, quoting the reference: ‘Staunton Montessori’.
Staunton Montessori Nursery School and Tuition Centre is situated in the village of Staunton in the Vale, Vale of Belvoir, Nottinghamshire. Although there is no official catchment area, Staunton Montessori attracts families from the following places. Being 2 miles from the A1 and also the A52 local road links are very good.
- Newark on Trent
- Vale of Belvoir
- Long Bennington
- West Bridgford
and other villages in the District of Newark and Sherwood, between Lincoln and Leicester.
Thank you for taking the time to consider the Staunton Montessori Nursery School for your child.