- Term Dates: Based on Nottinghamshire Local Authority Dates.
- Hours, Terms and Enrolment: Children, toddlers and babies between 12 months – 5 years are invited to attend a minimum of two sessions per week.
- Fees, Entitlement and Help with Fees: Staunton Montessori Nursery School is registered for the Local Authority Nursery Education Funding.
- Food and Drink: Hot Lunches at Staunton Montessori Nursery School in partnership with the Staunton Arms Restaurant, Staunton in the Vale.
Please contact the pub directly to request order information on hot lunch for your child: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Birthdays.
- What to Bring and What to Wear
- Catchment Area for Staunton Montessori School and Tuition Centre, Nottingham, UK.
- Nursery School Term dates are based on the Nottinghamshire LA schedule below (unless otherwise notified).
- N.B. Autumn Half Term – Nottinghamshire are now taking a 2 week Autumn half term but Staunton Montessori has opted to take just one week which is in line with our two very close and neighbouring counties Lincs and Leics. Staunton Montessori Autumn half term dates are the final week of the Nottinghamshire Half Term. This means we are open for 40 weeks per year. Other than for the Autumn Half term Staunton Montessori will be following Nottinghamshire term dates exactly as published below.
- In 2020, for instance, Staunton Montessori’s half term is 26-30th October only.
Please click on the link below to view all term dates for this year and the next year ahead:
Staunton Montessori August Summer Holiday School
Staunton Montessori Nursery School offers Summer School in August for 1-7 years olds during certains week/s in August. For further information and this year’s dates, please contact the office.
There is a minimum attendance of two days during the week. Packed lunch is to be provided by parents please. There will be various activities on offer including, but not limited to: Forest School, Art & Craft, Pony petting, Paddling and Games.
Children, toddlers and babies between 12 months – 5 years are invited to attend a minimum of two sessions per week.
Staunton Montessori Nursery School offers:
- Breakfast Club: 8.00am-9.00am
- Morning Session: 9.00am-1.15pm
- School Day: 9.00am-3.00pm
- After-School Club: 3.00pm-4.00pm
- Afternoon Session: 1.15pm-3.00pm
For Local Education Authority entitlement hours see ‘fees’ (below).
Parents requiring day care till 6pm for pre-school children and babies can combine the unique Montessori Education experience with other child-care provision, which can work in partnership with our school to offer an extended full day-care service. Please contact the school office for more information as we can try to help put you in touch with registered local child-minders and/or nannies.
Dr Miriam Stoppard said: “Staunton Montessori will now be accepting younger children…
I commend this development and very much look forward to my next visit so I can meet everyone again.”
To register a place for your child (Enrolment Fee £40), please print out, complete and return the Enrolment Form.
Covid-19 Post-Lockdown Fees:
- ‘Red Apples Group’ 3-5 year olds : £6.16 (Tax Free) or £7.70 (without Tax Free) for the full day (this include a 5 hour claim of Free Entitlement Funding) for full six hour day. Our top-up fees for hours outside of entitlement funded periods are therefore £6.16 with Tax Free Childcare or £7.70 without.
- ‘Green Apples Group’ 2 year olds: standard fees tariff £37.80 divided by 7hrs 5 mins (our previous opening hours) = £5.34 x 6 hours (new opening hours) = £32.04 for full six hour day (this is the pro-rata rate)
- ‘Little Apples Group’ 12-24 month olds: standard fees tariff £39.75 divided by 7hrs 5 mins (our previous opening hours) = £5.61 x 6 hours (new opening hours) = £33.66 for full six hour day (this is the pro-rata rate)
Standard Fees (From September 2020)
Nursery fees are payable either termly in advance or in monthly instalments. Paying in monthly instalments incurs an administration fee of £3.95 per month. Please note paying via Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) can save up to 20%. The tariff below therefore sets out fees both with and without TFC.
- Breakfast Club: (8-9am)
- £6.00 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £7.50 without TFC
- After-School Club: (3-4pm):
- £6.00 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £7.50 without TFC
- Session fees for ‘Little Apples Group’ 12-24 month olds are:
- Morning Session (9.00am-1.15pm) £21.20 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £26.50 without TFC
- School Day (9.00am-3.00pm) £28.80 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £36.00 without TFC
Session fees for ‘Green Apples Group’ 2 year olds are:
- Morning Session (9.00am-1.15pm) £20.40 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £25.50 without TFC
- School Day (9.00am-3.00pm) £28.00 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £35.00 without TFC
- N.B. 2 year-old free funding available in certain circumstances. Some parents may also meet criterion for receiving two year old funding which is means tested. Parents wishing to know more should visit https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-2-year-olds or contact us.
Session fees for ‘Red Apples Group’ 3-5 year olds:
Most 3-5 year olds are eligible for government Free Entitlement Funding (FEF). Staunton Montessori Nursery School provides Local Authority Entitlement Funding for 5 hours a day from 9.00am-2.00pm.
- Red Apples: 9.00am-2.00pm: Free with FEF (T&Cs Apply)
- Full School Day: until 3.00pm (1 hour top-up fee) hourly Top-Up Rate: £7.60 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £9.50 without TFC
Red Apple Full School Day (9am-3pm) without FEF: £25.00 with ‘Tax-Free Childcare*’ (TFC) or £31.25 without TFC
Some means tested bursaries are available to enable inclusive and extended access regarding top-up fees.
*Tax-Free Childcare: Parents can get up to 20% off childcare costs (restrictions, terms and conditions apply). If you get a Tax-Free Childcare account, the government will pay £2 for every £8 you pay your childcare provider via an online account. For further information about Tax-Free Childcare please see: https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-free-childcare
The Nottinghamshire County Council Provider Agreement for Early Education Universal Entitlement Funding:
- States under clause 2.1.2 that ‘parents are able to access 5 hours a day over three days of the week’
Please note that attending for three full days at Staunton Montessori generates a claim for 15 hours universal entitlement funding, but if a child is attending for more than 5 hours then top-up fees apply (top-up hourly rate). Parents may claim 15 hours funding over two settings but may not claim more than 15 hours in total at this time. The entitlement sessions run from 9.00a.m.-2.00p.m. All entitlement hours are paid by Nottinghamshire Local Authority and are delivered free of charge (terms and conditions apply). Parents pay the top-up fees at the rate set by Staunton Education for the hours their child attends which are outside the stipulated free entitlement periods.
Extension to the Entitlement Funding:
Parents may be aware that from September 2017 the government has rolled out an additional 15 hours of entitlement funding per week for pre-school aged children in an attempt to get both parents into employment. Early Years settings have a choice whether they wish to opt out, or offer some or all of these extra hours. As we currently offer 5 hours of funding per day in two sessions, we have opted to offer 25 hours (5 x 5hrs) from September 2017. This will really help parents at Staunton if their child is doing 4 or 5 full days per week. Not all parents will qualify for additional hours as there are eligibility criteria; but in simple terms if a parent works the equivalent of 16 hours per week earning the National Living or Minimum wage (or above), they usually qualify.
For further information about help with childcare costs please see:
Fees include snacks and specialist pre-school teaching, such as for yoga, dance, music, gardening, forest schooling and cookery.
We accept Gross Pay Scheme direct credits, arranged by agents such as Edenred, Computershare and Care4.
- For either instalment payments or payments using a Gross Pay Scheme agent, there is a termly charge of £15.80 (£3.95/month) to cover the additional administrative and cash flow costs associated with these schemes.
- Cheques should be made payable to “Staunton Montessori” or pay directly into our bank account. (Please contact the school office for banking details).
For Entitlement Funding terms and conditions apply and places are subject to availability. Parents may use funding across two different providers, but must not claim more than 15 hours in total. Age restrictions apply and funding is only for 38 weeks. Proof of your child’s date of birth is required. Top-up hours offered (again subject to availability, terms and conditions).
Feedback from a Parent:
Feedback from a Montessori Parent: “Dear Robert, I would just like to thank you and all of your team for the amazing love, attention and support you have offered my family over the years we have been with you. I hope you and your team continue to have success and prosper, you and they certainly deserve it given all the efforts put in.”
Lunch: Children are requested to bring a packed lunch, which is eaten as a group. Communal eating is considered an important part of learning social skills at all Montessori Nursery Schools.
Snacks: Montessori nursery provides drinks and snacks, with the children playing an active role in sharing out the food and drink.
Allergies: The school is a ‘Nut-free’ zone due to the prevalence of allergic reactions. So no peanut butter sandwiches in lunch boxes please!
Staunton Montessori Nursery has an informal school uniform which is supplied to each child upon induction. It is strongly recommended for the children, as it protects their clothes from paints and glue, which can stain. The uniform is available in a range of colours to allow individuality to be expressed. Popular colours are sky blue, navy, red, and pink.
Each child is requested to bring the following items:
- A change of clothes to be left at school.
- Wellington boots (with thick socks if it’s cold).
- Nappies with wipes for children who need them.
Naming: Please clearly name all your child’s belongings, including boots, shoes, Tupperware, lunch boxes, toothbrush, coats and uniform.
Staunton Montessori Nursery recommends the company ‘Easy2Name’, for purchasing naming labels etc. Please contact them at easy2name.com or on 01635 298 326, quoting the reference: ‘Staunton Montessori’.
Staunton Montessori Nursery School and Tuition Centre is situated in the village of Staunton in the Vale, Vale of Belvoir, Nottinghamshire. Although there is no official catchment area, Staunton Montessori attracts families from the following places. Being 2 miles from the A1 and also the A52 local road links are very good.
- Newark on Trent
- Vale of Belvoir
- Long Bennington
- West Bridgford
and other villages in the District of Newark and Sherwood, between Lincoln and Leicester.
Thank you for taking the time to consider the Staunton Montessori Nursery School for your child.