Tuition Testimonial letters received from Children and Parents:
Testimonials from Parents of Children at Staunton Tutorial Tuition Centre:
- ‘Re: 11+ MOCK RESULT 2021…Thanks so much Robert for getting these results to us so quickly. Heartfelt thanks for all the work you have put in during these trying times, to ensure that the kids get the same high level tuition. With this being our third (and final!) child coming through your tuition, my husband and I have always been very impressed not just on the content of your tuition, but the care you take for each individual. Our son has enjoyed the sessions with you and is quite rightly very proud of himself. Thank you! ____ and _____’
- “Dear Robert, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you so much for all your incredible work during this year’s 11+ process. I imagine every year is quite an ‘operation’, but this one more so than ever, with all the changes and alternative online learning systems you have had to implement during the pandemic. Both my husband and I have been beyond impressed. You have been thorough, dedicated, positive (in spite of everything!), tirelessly hardworking and have given my daughter not only the tactics and techniques she needs to pass the 11+ but also the confidence! She has loved her journey with you! Thank you! Best wishes, …”
- “Dear Mr Staunton, I just wanted to write on behalf of my husband and myself to say thank you for all of your efforts in tutoring my daughter for the 11+. We were really impressed. The level of organisation and planning which goes into the tutoring was fantastic, particularly the structuring of the learning throughout the year leading up to the exam. We felt very supported in helping to prepare her for the exam and I know she benefitted greatly from the sessions…”
- “I would just like to say how impressed I am with your tutorials so far. With it being the first time _____ having met you today I person I was worried he would be a little nervous and apprehensively he can be quite shy and take a back seat. However he was very excited to attend his lesson and came out very ‘chatty’ and all smiles having really loved his lesson. A huge surprise and wonderful to see and hear. He seems to be responding excellently to your teaching methods and the way you come across. I would like to thank you for a very reassuring start in his progress already. Mr and Mrs __. “
- “My son worked with Robert for about a year in preparation for his 11+ exam. During that time I saw him mature as a young person whilst developing a range of skills to allow him to become more confident in all aspects of his learning. The sessions he attended not only supported this development but provided a friendly, caring, and enjoyable environment in which to prepare him for the rigours of the formal examinations. But, most importantly, it is our son who is the first to extol the benefits/rewards of such individualised educational provision.” ~ Mrs B.A.K. (Tuition Centre)
- “Over the last twelve months with you we have seen our son flourish not only academically but emotionally. His self-belief and confidence have soared under your wing and we truly believe this has been a fundamental element to his 11+ success. This confidence has enabled him to explore and try new tasks without hesitation…for us parents this has been a pleasure to see. Passing his 11+ gave him a real sense of achievement…This new found attitude has had a real impact on his school work, achieving far more than he has before.” ~ From a local parent. (Tuition Centre)
- “In life there are a handful of people who are instrumental in the path we take, consider yourself one of them in guiding our son to his next schooling chapter. We are very proud of him.” ~ From a local parent. (Tuition Centre)
- “We’ve really appreciated coming to Staunton Tutorial Centre and the caring, stimulating learning environment you’ve created there. Many thanks.” Mrs C.
- “Thank You for that info Robert, I find it really helpful for me to have a guide as to what may be covered when _____ & I are revising together.Although he knows from yr classes and does it himself, its nice to be able to go over it with him too. Thanks so much for the last yr, either way ____has gained so much from your classes & your teaching methods in general & has really grown confidence wise. I know he liked & respected you and really enjoyed coming on Tuesdays. Will let you know how it goes – Fingers crossed 👍Take Care, Mrs B.”
- “Hi Robert, I just thought you would like to know that Henry has been offered a place at the High School. He is over the moon and, despite doing so well in the Lincolnshire 11+, his heart is set on the High and thankfully we are able to give him that opportunity. Your help and support has been invaluable and it has been wonderful to see Henry’s skills and confidence develop over the time he has spent at the tutorial centre. Now we are just waiting to hear in a week or two as to whether his bother will be offered a place at the junior school. Fingers crossed. He also seems to be getting on really well at your Centre so I am certainly hopeful. Many thanks, Mrs. G.”
- “Robert, Just a thank you for putting in all your time with Oliver and helping him to believe. Many, many thanks.” Mrs C. J.
- “Dear Robert, I would also like to add how impressed we have been with your approach to tuition. I harbour a big regret that we didn’t send my son to you right from October last year. He has very much enjoyed his sessions with you and always comes out full of beans which is an achievement on a Friday afternoon! Your structured weekly emails to parents are so helpful and the insights you provided with regards to the mock are thorough and, well, I have never had access to any information like it. It has really helped to put everything into context. I think the mock has given my son a huge boost…Once again, many thanks for your support and generosity of information and advice. “Mrs P.
- “Thank you for your hard work this last year in helping my son. He has really enjoyed working with you.” Mrs G.
- “When sourcing education for my children, I know the relationships between tutor and student are very important, in order to enable the children to engage with the learning process. Having entrusted Theo to the school many years ago, it seemed only natural to approach you for tutorial support at this time.
You are a very talented teacher, who puts the students at ease, and enables learning to take place. Having taught B. at this 11+ level, your tutorials are ‘priceless’ to me, because not only has he been successful, probably more important than his educational achievement, is that you developed his confidence in himself and his abilities. Your subliminal behavioural coaching skills enabled him to make the transition from primary to secondary. That is what sets you apart in my opinion.
I have recommended you to friends as I believe the holistic learning experience you offer, at any age, is individual and tailored to the child. That is much appreciated from an educationalist like myself, and is a rare thing. Thank you. S.” ~ From a University Lecturer and local parent. (Tuition Centre)
- Hello Robert, Yes M. has passed. We are very proud of her. And more importantly she is very pleased with herself. So good she got the result to show her that her hard work paid off. Thank you so much for all your help and support. M. enjoyed coming to the sessions and liked your teaching style. So fingers crossed for getting offered a place next year. Thank you again with all your help with both girls. B. is very happy and is enjoying year 8. Many thanks, L.S.
- Robert, Thank you so much for all your help this year. E. passed with 230 …Your hard work ensured he was extremely well prepared and whether he makes the Kings cut or not we will certainly be recommending you. See you in two years time when it will be his sister’s turn! Thanks again. Mr A.
- Hi Robert, Sorry meant to email you earlier. No surprises here, L. passed with 257 (92%) & is very happy that she’ll be off to KGGS. On a personal note, can I thank you for all you’ve done over the years for both A. & L.. Both our offspring through Montessori & then through the 11+ with flying colours is testament to your good work. The 11+ tutoring will have an ongoing benefit when they face the many examinations that are to come. I continue to recommend you to other parents & recently recommended your 11+ tutoring to A & V when the time comes for their boys to face the test. I wish you well for the future & send love to both Adrienne & your family. Kind regards Mr G.
- Hi Robert, We are delighted that M. passed her 11+! She is a beautifully conscientious girl and she is really pleased that her good effort has resulted in success. We are really proud of her and grateful of your support and guidance to help her achieve this result. We have applied for her secondary school place and put KGGS as our first choice. Thank you again, A.
- Hi Robert, Hope your well…H. passed and got 233 in his results. Thank you so much for helping H. with his learning, he loved every minute of it! Many thanks, Mrs K
- Hi Robert, Thank you for your email. I am pleased to inform you B. passed his 11+ with a score of 250 (89%). We are extremely pleased with his result, which should guarantee him a place at Kings, fingers crossed. Many thanks for all your enthusiasm and excellent teaching skills, which I am sure allowed him to progress and pass the test. Many thanks, Mrs Z.C.
- Dear Robert, We just wanted to let you know that R. has passed the 11+ with an overall score of 244. He is very pleased with his results, as are we, and are hopeful of the offer of a place for next September. At this point, we wanted to say an enormous thank you for all of your hard work, guidance, inspiration and advice throughout the last year. It has been invaluable. We look forward to seeing you again around this time next year when we hope you will be able to add our daughter to your list of 11+ students. I’ll be in touch at the appropriate time. Very best wishes, N & P
- Thanks very much Robert. I just called and got her score and she got 274 out of 280 (98%)! Thank you so much for all your support, you have been great. P.
- Hi Mr & Mrs Y, 93% is superb. I am so pleased. Please give her a big hug from me and tell her that now the sky is the limit. She should always believe in herself and she’s definitely going places via KGGS. Let’s hope she is the next prime minister as she might do better than our current one!! Kind Regards, Robert Staunton
- Hi Robert, Just wanted to say a huge thanks with J’s tutorials, I just found out her score and she did amazingly well and scored 259 out of possible 280, she wouldn’t have done it without your excellent teaching, she always enjoyed your classes and found them very engaging. So thank you so much for all your help over the last year, i will be definitely recommending your services to anyone interested in their child attempting the 11+. many thanks, M & D
- Hi Robert, Thanks for your email. Very happy to inform you L. passed 🙂 Thanks so much to you for your support the past year – I have no doubt it was the key to her success!! Mrs V.
- Hi Robert, You beat us to it – this was on our list to do today!! We had the fabulous news on Saturday that C. passed. His score of 274 left us very proud indeed, and left him with bragging rights over his brother’s 264 from 2 years ago…We haven’t mentioned your bit about it being harder since 2015! We’re so pleased, and for a 2nd time, extend our thanks to you for such great support, preparation and confidence inspiring style. C. enjoyed the lessons and, in the main, even the homework wasn’t too much of a source of pain! We will be back for a 3rd child in 3 years time. H. is currently in year 2 – and hopefully will follow in the footsteps of those older brothers of hers. She has already said she will beat C’s score… (yikes!) Many thanks and kind regards, R & G
- “Hello Robert,Once again, thank you very much for your efforts in helping P. achieve her 11+ pass. Very much appreciated. On getting her results, the first thing P. wanted to do was write you an appreciative letter of thanks. She wrote the letter by herself – all the words are her own and I think it summed up all of our thoughts.From our side as parents, we were very pleased with the clear concise and fun way which you presented the course. From my own experience, I clearly recall the “good” teachers who injected their subjects with infectious enthusiasm and made learning a pleasure. You certainly have this gift.
It was very apparent from the off that you were able to present the material in an interesting way. I recall P. saying that she had enjoyed her first lesson and was looking forward to doing more. We felt that you set just the right tone, with a good work ethic and lots of encouragement. Additionally, taking the time to explain the more tricky questions on a one to one basis was really helpful. Your TIC-TAC tactics proved to be invaluable for recognising the type of question and quickly finding the answer.
- The course was well structured allowing the students to achieve their peak performance just in time for the examination, the summer holiday papers were great for keeping continuity. The mock test presented an excellent opportunity to experience that “first exam” and help calm some nerves for the main event. The last minute tweaking based on the mock results was good for both confidence and performance. Overall, we were delighted with your tuition and the positive results which were achieved. Best regards, C. and M.” ~ Local parents (Tuition Centre)
- “Many thanks for all your help (with the 11+), my son has really enjoyed and benefited from your input. The mock exam was especially helpful as he was very nervous & this helped to prepare him for the real exams.” ~ from Mrs H.
- ” I am amazed at not only his development since having these few sessions with you, but also his complete love, enjoyment and interest in your lesson and the homework you send him home with. I think he is thriving on being in the small group that he is in…” Mrs J. P.
- “I thought I ought to say how grateful we are for your help with our daughter. She has come on leaps and bounds, and her 11+ result far exceeded our expectations. I have recommended you to a couple of work colleague…” Mr. G
- “Hi Robert, My daughter got 252 or 90% – really pleased. Thanks again for all your help with her over the year. She enjoyed the course and never once didn’t want to attend which is a credit to how you have structured and delivered the course. You were completely correct in your assertion that she would peak in September and I think her results confirm that! Thanks again and best wishes for your future tutoring courses.” Mrs. B.
- “Could I also take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful support you have given S. over the last year (at the Tutorial Centre with the 11+). Staunton has been a very significant part of our girls’ lives what with the wonderful start they all had at nursery and now this further element of (tutorial) support to see them through what could have been a stressful undertaking. All three of them continue to remember the fabulous things they had the chance to do at nursery, it was the perfect environment. I know we thanked you and all the staff as they were leaving but I wanted to let you all know how this grounding lives on with them.” Mrs W.
- “Thank you Robert for our daughter’s great results – we are delighted!!She thoroughly enjoys your sessions and has mentioned on several occasions that your techniques have given her confidence at school!! Kind Regards, C. & A.”
- “Hi Robert, You’ve probably heard but I just wanted to tell you that Henry has been offered a place at Kings after his great result in the 11+ My husband and I would both like to thank you for your help and hard work in enabling Henry to go. He is coming on really well at school and we are both sure you have given him the motivation to do well. Kind regards, D and N”
Tuition testimonial from an Outstanding local Primary Academy Head:
“Robert tutors a number of our children to help prepare them for their 11+ entrance exams and I know our children enjoy going to him. They have great confidence in him and like him very much.
Staunton Montessori is a nurturing environment for children and everyone speaks very highly of the organisation.
Mrs Sue Eveleigh
(now Emeritus) Head teacher
Long Bennington Church of England Academy”
Long Bennington Academy
Testimonials from Children at the Tutorial Centre:
- “Robert is not just a tutor he is also a kind-hearted man that I am grateful to. He has helped me towards the High School test and taught me how to write essays and other important things. Robert works me hard, but I don’t mind because it’s all worth it. Robert Staunton has played an important part in my life…he is a great tutor. He has (also) helped me through the Kings test. Robert Staunton is a very, very nice man and also the best tutor ever. If you want a child to go to a good tutor then ask Robert, mind you he’ll probably be full, he’s so good.” ~ By J. – a scholarship student (when in Year 6) writing on the topic ‘Someone I admire’ and he wasn’t even paid for this feedback!!
- “Dear Robert, You are the best tutor teacher ever, keep it up, without you I don’t think I could have passed my 10+ exam, but I did and it’s all because of you. I think my new school is going to be worth all the hard work and I am really excited. I love my new school uniform! THANK YOU SO MUCH. from Emma” (Year 5)
- “To Robert, Thank you for helping me so much with my 11+ work. And how hard you have worked to get me to this level. Also you make lessons like a trip to the theme park compared to some teachers, so thank you very much. I will miss you!” ~ From a Year 6 student who had just finished her tuition course.
- “To Robert, Thank you so much for tutoring me for the 11+. I couldn’t have done it without you.” ~ (From a Year 6 boy)
- “The greatest tutor in the galaxy!” ~ J. (Year 6)
- “You have taught me life-long lessons which I will never forget…” ~ M. (Year 5)
- “A huge thank you for helping me pass my 11+ with a great score! Also thanks for your help over the last 3 years as you have helped me improve my ‘game’! from J.W. (Year 6)”
- “Thank you for teaching me so much over the last year. I couldn’t have done the exam without you.” from M.C. (Year 6)
- Dear Rob, You’re the BEST in the world. From William xx” (Year 6)
- Thank for all you do for Ben. He really likes you, finds you funny and enjoys your teaching. I am really pleased with him. He’s a good boy who works hard – I hope your combined efforts pay off 😁
Testimonials for Staunton Montessori Nursery School
An Example of Creative Writing by a Tutorial Student:
‘My Perfect School’ by L. A. (a Year 6 Student)
My perfect school would be located on the sunny island of Barbados, on a long stretch of white, sandy beach, over-looking the turquoise ocean.
It would be a boarding school with large glass windows all along the side facing the ocean so that you could see the amazing view and would have air-conditioning. Children from the age of 4-16 would go so that they don’t have to move schools and there would be a sixth form and university next to it. Class sizes would be around 10, with boys and girls in separate classes. The school week would be 4 days, Monday to Thursday. The dormitories would sleep 10, either girls or boys from each class.
The school would have 2 glistening swimming pools, large beautiful grounds including the beach and grassy areas. There would be a gift shop and mini golf, a gym and a games room with a Wii, pool tables and other games for children to relax.
The school day would be from 10am to 4pm with an hour break for lunch at mid-day. Lunch would be served in the open-air beach-side restaurant, there would also be a hot dog stand and sweet shop. Snacks available would include delicious sugar cane and coconuts. The children would not wear uniform but would wear a badge with the school logo, which would be a turtle and a parrot.
Lessons would be taught under the shade of the palm trees, enjoying the gentle breeze and the whispering sound of the ocean. Students would sit in comfy beach chairs that have a flip down tray for putting their work on. There would be wi-fi on the beach and all students would have an iPad so that they didn’t have to carry lots of books around. Older children would help the younger ones when they were struggling with their work.
Maths and Literacy lessons would be a different interesting project each term. Maths would have practical lessons such as counting turtle eggs, measuring the size of their nests and making graphs.
PE lessons would involve swimming in the sea and pool, canoeing, surfing, body-boarding and horse-riding on the beach.
Science lessons would be studying the turtles and other exotic creatures that live in the sea and the school parrot.
During Geography children would explore the underground caves, looking at the stalactites and stalagmites and underground streams.
For History trips children would visit the old plantation houses and museum.
Each class would get to choose their own school trip, they could explore the island either on jet-ski, boat rides or jeep safaris, or explore under the sea on a submarine or go snorkelling to see the colourful, shimmering fish.
There would not be any homework or punishments as children would enjoy being at school and get on with their work.”
by L. A. (Year 6)
More about tuition at Staunton Tutorial Centre
Please note that Ofsted inspect the nursery provision under the Early Years Register, but do not inspect the Tutorial Centre.