Privacy Notice: GDPR Compliance
Staunton Educational Ltd T/A Staunton Montessori Nursery School and Staunton Tutorial Centre
(Hereafter known as ‘Staunton Education’) Privacy Notice
- Address: Staunton Educational Ltd, Staunton Montessori School, Staunton-in-the-Vale, Nottingham NG13 9PE
- Data Protection Officer: Mr Robert Staunton
Staunton Education is committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data Staunton Education collect, why Staunton Education collect it, how Staunton Education use it and how Staunton Education protect it.
What personal data do Staunton Education collect?
Staunton Education collect personal data about you and your child to provide learning and care that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs.
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
- your child’s name, date of birth, address, health and medical needs, development needs, and any special educational needs or further relevant details as necessary.
Where applicable we will obtain child protection plans from social care and health care plans from health professionals.
Staunton Education may also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to your child.
Personal details that we collect about you include:
- your name, home and work address, phone numbers, emergency contact details, and family details and further contact details as necessary.
This information will be collected from you directly in the registration form.
Why Staunton Education collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
Staunton Education use personal data about you and your child in order to provide educational services and fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- to support your child’s wellbeing and development
- to manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at our setting
- to carry out regular assessment of your child’s progress and to identify any areas of concern
- to maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you may have
- to keep you updated with information about our service
With your consent, Staunton Education will also record your child’s attainments for their learning record. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time, by confirming so in writing.
Staunton Education have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare.
Who Staunton Education share your data with
In order for us to deliver educational services Staunton Education will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- banking services to process chip and pin and/or direct debit payments (as applicable)
- our insurance underwriter (if applicable)
- our setting software management provider (if applicable)
We will also share your data if:
- Staunton Education are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission;
- to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- to protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police;
- it is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety
- Staunton Education transfer the management of the setting, in which case Staunton Education may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer so they may continue the service in the same way.
Staunton Education will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
How do Staunton Education protect your data?
Staunton Education protects unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by:
Storing data in a locked and alarmed office and using up-to-date Internet Security and Firewalls.
How long do Staunton Education retain your data?
Staunton Education retains your and your child’s personal data after your child no longer uses our Centre so that we can contact you should any credits/debits come to light on your account after audit. You and your child may also be invited to anniversary events or charity/other events as alumni/ex-parents as part of the ‘Friends of Staunton Montessori School and Staunton Tutorial Centre’ group. Please contact us if you do not wish us to contact you after your child’s departure and we will destroy your records after three years. Medication records and accident records are kept as long as legal requirements stipulate. Your child’s learning and development records are maintained by us and handed to you when your child leaves.
In some instances (child protection, or other support service referrals) we are obliged to keep your data for longer if it is necessary to comply with legal requirements (see our Children’s and Provider Records policies).
We do not make any decisions about your child based solely on automated decision-making.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- request access, amend or correct your/your child’s personal data
- request that we delete or stop processing your/your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another person
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how Staunton Education handle your data please contact us. If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk
Changes to this notice
Staunton Education keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.
Please note that Ofsted inspect the nursery provision under the Early Years Register, but do not inspect the Tutorial Centre.